Thursday, January 28, 2016

Getting Started

Team Tasks:

This week my tasks were more informal than related to my eventual role on our team. We are still getting started. I contributed my availability to the spreadsheet developed by our project manager (Aaron). I created our Google+ Community so our team has a place to document discussions and Hangouts. I contributed to the forming of our team name: BYTS Design. BYTS are the initials of our last names and also happens to sound like "bites" and since we are doing a project for Terminix, "bites" seemed appropriate. I also developed several prototypes of a logo for our team. After team discussion in the Google+ Community and tweaks of elements locations and font selection, the following logo was finalized.


We still haven't held our first meeting but will be doing so prior to Saturday's deadline. 

Reflection:

The course is one I find very interesting and I am pleased with the team assignment. I think we have a good mixture of strengths on the team. I was happy to have received my choice of role, Lead eLearning Developer. I hope to find out early on the requirements by Terminix for the format of the final product. I feel confident in my abilities regarding the various possibilities (HTML, WordPress, Captivate, Articulate) but if they have a custom system, I want to get in there and start getting familiar with it. I know that while I will be able to do some work early on in the process (template design, color selection, fonts, etc), the meat of what I do can't be done until the instructional content is developed. I am hoping that I will have a chance to push my abilities in the areas of interactivity and visual design.

Getting a solid start as a team was our goal and I think we have met that goal. We have clear roles but have all demonstrated a willingness and ability to lend a helping hand and work together.

Following our initial team Hangout, I will have a clearer insight into the details of our project. I look forward to hearing what our project manager has learned from our client.

No comments:

Post a Comment